The Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year Awards
is now in its second year, having made quite an impact in the industry in its first, attracting entries from around the world. The Awards are 'a celebration of food photography at its best and most inspiring'. With a similarly impressive panel of highly-distinguished judges this year, an array of categories to inspire and a £5000 reward for the overall top photographer, this is an exciting opportunity for talented food photographers, professional or amateur, to be recognised and celebrated. The winners will be announced in April 2014 at the prestigious Mall Galleries in London and the works of the winners and the runners up will be exhibited in the Galleries between 24-27 April 2014.
Judges include restaurant critic, Jay Rayner, Joanna Simon, Judges include Chris Beetles, Julia Bradbury of Country File, Yotam Ottolenghi, Angela Hartnett, Donna Hay, Justine Roberts of Mumsnet, David Loftus and other leading figures in the field of food and photography. The UK's leading apple brand, Pink Lady is the headline sponsor for the awards and proceeds are in support of Great Ormond Street Hospital and Action Against Hunger.
Stockfood Food off the Press
- Previously published photographic work, from books, newspapers, magazines, advertisements.
Food for Celebration
- For images of festive, celebratory food from across the world.
- For images that perfectly complement the blog and the bring the written word to life.
Politics of Food
- Journalistic images that show the reality of issues relating to food worldwide.
An Apple a Day
- Get creative with an apple!
Cream of the Crop
- Food freshly taken from the field, the barn, the tree, the sea, etc.
Food in the Street
- Capture the character and liveliness of street food all around the world.
Food and its Place
- Food being caught, prepared, picked by the people who do so for a living.
- Food any time, any place, any where, taken on your mobile phone. £2 for every image entered into this category will go to Action Against Hunger.
Food in the Field
- from roaming animals to growing crops.
Food for Sale
- Food up for auction, on a market stall, or anywhere else you can find it up for sale.
The Philip Harben Award for Food in Action
- Images of people cooking in any setting.
- Food ready for eating
Young (under 18s)
- Any images of food are accepted. Age groups are 15-17, 11-14 and 10 and under.
Errazuriz Wine Photographer of the Year
- Images of all things vinous, entered into any of the three sub categories: Produce, People, Places.
Unearthed Food in Film
- Impactful, moving, funny short films about food, in any context.
Visit the categories
page of the website for more information on the categories, and on what the judges are looking for.
to register for entry to the Pink Lady Food Photography of the Year Awards 2014
. The closing date for entries is 31st January 2014.