Adriana Carlucci, founder of Ancienne Ambiance, the home fragrance company, discusses the positive effects of lavender.
Feeling stressed? Overwhelmed by all you have to do and can't focus? Suffer from headaches, or find it hard to get to sleep? Nature has given us a wonderful aid for all the above and it dates back a few thousand years... Lavender!
Derived from the Latin word, lavera, meaning to wash, lavender was first recorded by the ancient Egyptians who used it to produce soothing ointments and perfumes. The ancient Greeks loved its healing properties, the Romans were fond of using it in their bath water. With such a clean and distinct fragrance, it's no wonder that the ancients found the Lavender plant so appealing and discovered its many health and beauty benefits.
Lavender is so beneficial for the mind and body - perhaps more so now than ever, due to our modern multi-tasking lifestyles getting the better of us. Yet it only takes a few moments to feel the power of lavender and its fragrance for your wellness and physiology. From relieving tired muscles, to helping ease insomnia and improve concentration, here are some ways lavender products can help your everyday wellbeing:
• It provides natural relief for muscle pain, headaches, migraines and inflammation.
• It has a relaxing effect on the mind, reducing stress and is also very effective at improving concentration.
• A natural antiseptic in essential oil format, it can be used directly on burns, sun damaged skin, wounds, rashes and all kinds of skin infections.
• It prevents scarring and stretch marks - and is also thought to slow down the development of wrinkles.
• One of the safest oils to use, it is suitable for all skin types and is a cell regenerator.
Here are my top tips:
• Lavender Compress - Essential for headaches and tired eyes, but also great to revive and rejuvenate the face or soothe burns.
• Lavender Bath - Relax tired or painful muscles, de-stress and ease body tension, particularly beneficial before bed-time to improve sleep quality.
• Lavender Massage - A wonderful way to relax tight, sore muscles, soothe body tension and improve blood circulation, massage in sweeping movements towards the heart.
• Lavender Fragrancing - Ideal for calming nerves, headaches and promoting a relaxed environment. It can even improve focus and concentration during stressful times.
For luxurious lavender products (including aromatherapy candle, bath and body oils) check out Ancienne Ambiance's new Lavendula Collection at www.ancienneambiance.com
. All products are natural, made with the finest quality pure lavender, grown without the use of pesticides and no harmful chemicals.
Updated January 2017