Karine Candice Köng
is the founder and creative director of award-winning concept store, BODIE and FOU
, which she started with her sister Elodie seven years ago. She is French, has been living in London for sixteen years and now lives in West London with her New-Zealander husband Steve, their seven year old daughter Mila and Lucas, their Australian Shepherd.
Counting top models Helena Christensen and Claudia Schiffer, India Knight, Meg Matthews and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as some of its fans, BODIE and FOU is an inspiring online interiors store for design lovers in search of cool, modern designs for the home and unique, beautiful gifts. It's a haven of inspiration & creativity with a collection of home accessories, lighting, furniture happily mixing together inspiring European designs with the best of chic French homeware.
KARINE'S FAVOURITE APPS
- My team and I use it daily as a big, virtual moodboard to keep track of creative ideas for our next mail order catalogue, promote designs and new arrivals in our concept store and my work as a stylist. I love how flexible it is as you can pin images from pretty much any website and my hard-drive is feeling a lot lighter and better for it. I use it a lot as well to pin creative ideas, DIY and decoration projects for our home in London and holiday house in France.
- I love it! It's the best and quickest way to stay in touch with friends and family all around the world and I cherish the interaction we have with our customers on our BODIE and FOU fan page. I regularly chat with customers who are based in Australia, France or in the US for instance, despite the time difference and I have made some great friends with like-minded people. When you know what's going on in people's lives on a daily basis and share things, you make a connection which is treasurable in today's world.
- I try to run three times a week before going to work and wherever I am when I travel, so it is a great way to keep track of my runs. It tells me how many kms I've run, my speed, number of calories spent and I can sync it with Facebook to compete with my sister's runs in Paris.
- I always take photos of my daughter Mila, friends and family, the things around me, whenever I can. My favourites films are Claunch 72 Monochrome and Blackkeys B+W which give all my photos a superior black and white look and make them look really cool. I think the Claunch 72 is slimming too which is always a plus.
BODIE and FOU
- Of course, I love this one. It is the app we launched for our first mail order catalogue last Christmas and which has now won an award and the next one will be out in May.
- As a working mother, it definitively makes my life a lot easier. Our weekly food shopping is done in ten minutes in the evening while watching a movie. It is delivered to us at the most convenient time and rather than spending 40 min in-store like I used to, loading/unloading the car, carrying all the bags, I now have forty minutes that I can now spend with my family. This is priceless and there is no going back!
23 April 2012