With the arrival of spring, why not make some time to give your wardrobe a makeover. It doesn't have to be expensive; a few carefully chosen pieces will give new mileage to other items you already own.
We turn to The White Company
when in need of staples and by following their advice, we've picked up a few detox tips.
WARDROBE DETOX TIPS
- First off, you need to determine whether something is a good buy; if it goes with at least three other pieces in your wardrobe, you're on to a good thing.
- Ask any fashionista for one piece of advice and they'll all say, hang up as much as you can. That way, you can see what you've got and don't have to rummage for it.
- Go one step further and hang pieces in groups, all your shirts together, skirts etc. You'll then be able to see where you have gaps or too many of one thing. Anyone mention white shirts?
- Remember that greys and blues go with everything.
- And if you're planning on proper detox, ask yourself these questions:
1. Have I worn it in the last year?
2. Is it comfortable, does it fit properly?
3. Do I feel confident in it.
And lastly, remember that any item you buy must fit your lifestyle. With this in mind, we have handpicked some favourites from this season's collection.
BIKER JACKET, £198
This makes a great alternative to a leather biker jacket. With its lighter colour, it will move seamlessly into spring and beyond. It has a flattering shape, with an asymmetric zip, felted under collar and fitted silhouette.
CASHMERE MIX RIBBED ROLL NECK JUMPER, £129
You know the days when you just want to rug up and keep warm. This knit has a 2x4 rib on hem and cuffs, giving an interesting texture and the dash of cashmere ensures it's super soft. Wear with skinny trousers.
OVERSIZED JERSEY SHIRT, £79
What's not to love about jersey; it's soft on the skin, it hangs brilliantly and is easy to look after. This is the perfect throw-on shirt for lazy weekends.
COLOUR BLOCK RIBBED JUMPER, £110
This statement knit is spun from pure Merino wool, and has a contrasting front – in cloud marl – and back – in taupe marl. A scoop neck and relaxed sleeves create structured slouch, while a low-gauge knitting process results in a lovely, thick jumper.
LONGLINE SWING T-SHIRT, £45
Every wardrobe should have some soft t-shirts, which can act as base layers during chilly weather. Wear under a shorter sweater or with leggings or skinny jeans.
SLEEVELESS CHUNKY ROLL NECK JUMPER, £89
Back to a chunky knit, this piece makes layering an effortless affair during the tricky trans-seasonal period ahead of Spring. Formulated in a fifty-fifty blend of wool and cotton, it’s not only soft and thick, but breathable, too. Deeper armholes add a contemporary feel, while a generous roll neck cocoons in colder weather. Wear yours over a long-sleeve top.