Earlier this year, chef and ‘Junior Bake Off’ presenter, Aaron Craze
teamed up with Love Your Greens to launch a campaign to encourage people to eat more vegetables (read our interview with Aaron here
). Coming up with a host of inventive recipes, he certainly inspires you to become more creative when cooking greens - and hopefully more excited about eating them. Here’s one recipe that we’ve got our eye on. Give it a go.
CAULIFLOWER CRÈME BRÛLÉE
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
12 egg yolks
220g caster sugar
200g cauliflower florets (finely sliced)
1 litre Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp vanilla extract 50g brown sugar
1. Boil the Greek yoghurt, vanilla and cauliflower in a pan. Bring to boil then simmer till the cauliflower is tender.
2. Blend in a food processor, and then pass through a sieve.
3. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar. Add the yoghurt to the egg mix and pour into ramekins.
4. Sit the ramekins in a water bath in the oven at 110°c for 60 mins or until set.
5. Once cooled, sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelise with a torch or grill.